Friday 22 March 2013

Restoring Hope


This young girl gives me hope for the future. She is truly inspiring.



The full quote/poem: “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves – ‘who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson

The scariest part about this is, after contemplating it for a while, I realised that in many ways this is very true (at least for me). While I think I fear my darkness, I’m beginning to think that maybe I do fear my light more. I’m afraid both of failure and success, which doesn’t really leave much wiggle room. But I think that to chase after my dreams, I’m going to have to let go of my fear of both light and darkness, and embrace both. 


Love this.
“They made him break rocks, thinking they were breaking his spirit. Haha! Little did they know they were preparing him to break barriers of inequality, oppression, and discrimination!” 

There are no words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment